I am a busy, working mother trying to get healthy before 40. Read about my struggles and successes and feel free to share yours. While keeping myself accountable here, I hope to inspire my friends and family. Are you in?
So today's entry is going to be short and sweet. Just coming home from a holiday party. It has not been the greatest of food days, but I'll get there. My step count was slow for the most part of the day, that's what a desk job will do to you. Once I got off of work it really picked up!!! 3400 steps today! more tomorrow…I promise!
I didn't drink at my holiday party tonight. I stuck with water and diet soda!!
So Day 1… Today mostly consisted of me setting up my blog (be sure to check out the daily goodies on the right) and getting some spreadsheets created to track my progress. I ate a little better today than normal and consumed very little liquid calories. I also came up with my exercise plan, but I will not freak out if I can't do it everyday…I have to plan big so when life gets in the way, I'll still have plenty of other days to get some calories burned! Sunday - Weights at home Monday - Booty Class at the Y (maybe I can get SingerGirl to go with me) Tuesday - Zumba with the awesome ZumbAmy Wednesday - Zumba with the awesome ZumbAmy Thursday - Flex those Muscles at the Y (maybe I can get SingerGirl to go with me) Friday - Weights at home Saturday - REST REST REST This week's focus: write in the blog everyday, track my steps and water intake, eat the remaining food in my house before going on a major grocery overhaul.
Drank more water today than I have in ages! Yay me!!!
So after a 3+ year hiatus, I'm going to attempt to write in my blog again…nothing to do with knitting though and ALL to do with health. Sadly, I've let myself go quite a bit lately…to the point where I need to lose 47 pounds to reach my goal.
I've been talking about getting healthy and losing weight for MUCHO MONTHS now and have NEVER been able to find the motivation. Hellllooooo???? Motivation? Where are you?? So off to the internet I go…google (I google everything) "how to find the motivation to lose weight." wikiHow says I should start a motivating routine and #4 is Start an exercise blog. (I'll just use the one I already have in existence.)
Start an exercise (b)log. Writing down your progress makes everything concrete and unignorable. Start an exercise blog. This will be published to the Internet world -- ultimate exposure (if anyone reads it, of course). With this, you take a more creative route, including all of the factors of an exercise log, but also how you feel about it, the obstacles you're facing, and how it feels to be making the progress. Just make sure you keep writing in it!
The whole list…in case you're interested:
1. Set a realistic goal. (Check.)
2. Find a weight loss partner. (Any takers? Besides you, Zapamundo.)
3. Join a class. (My fab friend is a Zumba instructor; signing up in January)
4. Start an exercise blog. (Check.)
5. Get a trainer. (Don't know that I'll be doing this; SingerGirl is a great cheerleader.)
6. Sign up for a race. (Hmmmm….may hold off on this one.)
7. Find an old photo where you look gooooood. (Tuscaloosa wedding 4 1/2 yrs ago)
8. Hang "the outfit" on your bedroom door. (Thinking…)
9. Tell your family/roommates/friends about your plans. (Maybe I'll have the guts to share this blog.)
10. Get into books, blogs, and success stories. (Great motivation on reedit…looking for other sources.)
11. Set up a reward system. (I guess cheesecake wouldn't be the best idea.)
12. Set up a punishment system. (Huh?)
13. Spending time thinking positively. (I can do that!!)
I'm going to try to post daily…trying to decide how detailed I'm going to be…Do I want to post progress pics? Do I really want the world (or the 2 people that MAY read this) to know how much I ate, how much I exercised and how much I weigh? How much do I really want to be accountable to the www?
Please comment so I know you're out there. Good night….and I promise to work on figuring out how to edit this thing.